[Zope-CMF] help on global objects in plone+ portal_metadata.

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:06:49 -0500

Please do not post HTML emails to the mailing list.  Its considered rude.

>Can some one help me understated how the
>member,portal object that are used as given.
>member and portal.portal_membership.getHomeFolder()
>actually work.Where are the definition of those objects!

Plone derives its MembershipTool from Products.CMFDefault.MembershipTool

>Also I need to understand portal_metadata.
>I am at loss about how it works! What its use it etc.

metadata is used to 'enforce' vocabularies and supply defaults.  its not
wired up to
the dublincore yet.  I hope kapil checks in his fixes and Tres accepts them
*hint hint*

>Can someone tell me how the actions/user (where action=list of allaction
for (here))
>etc work.It seems to be a filtering on actions list.
>I understand the filtering but I need to know what is the concept of this
filtering.
>i.e. why does action/user return the list of user action of the actions!

look at ActionsTool it has the listFilteredActionsFor method on it.  its
quite complex.
it basically returns a dictionary of actions, keys by categories.  (look at
the various tools/action providers)
and the values of the dictionary are a sequence of ActionInformation
objects.

actions/user == actions['user']  please read over
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Articles
to understand more about Path Expressions

~runyaga