[Zope-CMF] Changing the 'id' of a CMF Portal

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 01:28:08 -0700

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:08:48 -0500
alan runyan <runyaga@runyaga.com> wrote:

>> I have a CMF Portal that Bad Things have happened to (I've installed
>> products that have done bad things to objects that I don't know how
>> to reverse).  As the URL is published I'd like to rename the old one,
>> create a new one, and then move unsullied objects over to the new
>> instance.

> ACK! what Products?

CMFWeblog in particular, but then again i basically grabbed (almost)
every product I found find on zope.org that used CMF, installed them,
played with them, and then removed almost all, so it could have been one
of the others.  All the errors pointed to CMFWeblog-like things tho.

I now run distinct play, test, verify, and production portals (on the
same box).

> the best way it appears to migrate portal content is: * export the
> folders inside the CMF site that have yoru content (i.e.  Members) *
> rename your old portal * create a new portal w/ old portals id *
> import your folders from old portal

Rename your portal?  How?

--
J C Lawrence