[Zope-CMF] list -> string -> list

Bryan C. Andregg bryan.andregg@duke.edu
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:42:54 -0400

--9IxM5hJjweoYfefN

I have a form on which I am doing some verification and if the verification
fails returns the same form with fields already filled in where possibe usi=
ng
REQUEST. One road block that I've run into is a set of checkboxes that I ha=
ve.
My verification script can deal correctly with them regardless whether or n=
ot
it's sent a list, and string, or nothing it all. In passing back to the
calling form I thought I'd do something like use url_quote to pass REQUEST
something like:

  myForm?list=3D%5B%27checkbox_1%27%2C%20%27checkbox_2%27%5D

which is equivalent to ['checkbox_1', 'checkbox_2']

And then use something like

  tal:condition=3D"python: 'checkbox_1' in request['list']"

as a test.

This generates a guarded_getitem error, however request['list'] does exist =
and
is retrievable.

1. How can I test this condition?

2. Has anyone done this before in a different way?

cheers,
--=20
Bryan C. Andregg		Duke University Medical Center
 Programmer			Dept. of Anesthesiology
 e <bryan.andregg@duke.edu>
 p +1 919 684 6201

--9IxM5hJjweoYfefN