[Zope-CMF] search via xmlrpc

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:32:56 +0200

Sylvain =?iso-8859-1?Q?Th=E9nault?= writes:
 > I would like to use the cmf search facilities using xmlrpc. I encounter
 > two problems when I try to call the "search" method :
 > _ it only works without any arguments
I do not know enough about XMLRPC, but I seem to remember that it
does not handle keyword parameters, only positional parameters.

 > _ the results are returned in an html page
Sure, as the primary target of the template is an HTML browser.

You need an appropriate wrapper for your search, feeding in
parameters and marshalling the search result (into elementary
Python data types).

Dieter