[Zope-CMF] just wasted an hour... more EXAMPLES

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:19:52 +0100

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> seb bacon writes:
>  > I would say the best place to put examples is in unit tests.
> I would not look for examples in "unit_tests".
>
>   I would expect there tests, something for developers to check
>   before they make a release.
>
> Thus, when you put examples there, you need to point this out in
> associated documentation (such as the README).

yes, that's true.  it only occured to me recently to look to unit tests
for examples, but i find them a really useful resource.  more people
should know about it!  I've added a few lines to the README as guidance.

the other advantage of having unit tests double up as example
documentation is that they are guaranteed to be current.

seb