[Zope-CMF] Re: CVSFolder & CMF

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 05:00:16 -0500

Hi Jonah,

Folders are a problem. The latest CVSFolder has a new 'plain' format
that has been working very well for me, but it currently only supports a
few object types (e.g., DTML Doc/Method, ZSQL Method, Python Script,
ZPT, SkinScript). It should be possible to make export/import easy to
plug into, so that new objects could simply add the ability to
export/import their new attributes. I also think that it should be
possible to have a "folderish" plain format that only archives the
folderish objects meta-data, not it's contents. I don't know that I'll
have much time to push this any time soon, but I think its a promising
direction to consider. Maybe someone else could take a look? ;-)

You can get the latest from CVS here:

https://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=22284

take care,
-steve