[Zope-CMF] authentication problems upgrade to 1.3

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com.br
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:08:54 -0300

On Terça 13 Agosto 2002 13:18, george donnelly wrote:
| hi
|
| Still in the upgrading to CMF 1.3 process and when i login to the CMF site
| the cookies _ac and _ac_name get set (verified, using IE5.13 mac) and my
| username shows up on the page as it should, but as soon as i load another
| page, the page shows me as anon and i am unable to access restricted parts
| of the site. despite the fact that the cookies are set and that the user is
| a manager.
|
| any ideas on why this is happening? does this have anything to do with the
| bugfix for collector item 14 (change frm basic to Basic)
|
| btw i'm writing up a document on the upgrade and will post it when i'm
| finished. install.txt is simply inadequate. is there a way i can work with
| the developers in the future so that every single little change in CMF gets
| logged and the implications for site maintainers is clear? I'm willing to
| write up upgrade docs for future versions. Please let me know what the best
| way for me to join the process is. thanks.

Looks like a bug in Apache <= 1.3.24 where apache was eating cookies. Are you
using Apache in front of Zope?

[]'s

--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>

* dpkg ponders: 'C++' should have been called 'D'
	-- #Debian