[Zope-CMF] Default Catalog Metadata

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:35:17 -0700

On Tuesday, August 13, 2002, at 10:37  AM, Jeffrey P Shell wrote:

> On 8/12/02 7:17 PM, "Carl Rendell" <cer@sol43.com> wrote:
>
>> Been having some strange behavior with the CMF 1.3, and a couple of
>> things came down to changes in the default metadata set in the
>> catalog.
>>
>> I understand why meta_type is no longer a default (should be using
>> portal_type), but why had 'id' been omitted as well?
>
> Are you using Zope 2.6a1?  I believe that the default Catalog
> setup in Zope
> 2.6 has no indexes or metadata pre-made.  'id' and 'meta_type' as
> catalog
> indexes and/or metadata are most likely artifacts from the old default
> Catalog behavior that the CMF just expected to be there (which is a
> reasonable assumption - it's been that way for a couple of years).

Not on Zope 2.6a1 or other derivative. Current implementation is
Zope 2.5.1/CMF 1.3

As Tres asked that I open a collector issue up for this I expect
that it will be resolved through that process.

Of note, one thing the community has been trying to do is move
folks from dtml to page templates as the 'standard' templating
deployment. Things like these (id and meta_type in the catalog) may
make that transition more difficult as there are plenty of examples
out there that may no longer work.

Backward compatibility is real pain in the ass sometimes.

~C

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z