[Zope-CMF] Flexible Metadata, 2nd edition

Christian Theune ct@gocept.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:48:29 +0200

--NDin8bjvE/0mNLFQ

Hi.

Actually it shouldn't break existing sites, as I modified the Dublin
Cores getter/setter methods, and anybody who accesses the attributes
directly should be ashamed.

The storage in bags is actually needed, because i can define a metadate
called "asdf" and have an object attribute "asdf" as well (Maybe from
the CMFAsdf product...). Those shouldn't crash (also they still will,
because the cataloging will get problems ... i'll think about that.
Maybe I'll introduce some namespace kind of thing, to have the __get__
method modified fetching object.meta_* from the meta bag, this would
make a way to have the catalog know about the object ... but then i
could store everything in the meta_* as  well .. :/)

Thanks for looking at it. I'm still waiting for more response on this.

Cheers
Christian

* kapil thangavelu <kthangavelu@earthlink.net> [020814 10:25]:
> On Monday 12 August 2002 10:32 am, Christian Theune wrote:
> > Howdi.
> >
> > I spent some time with the Metadata tool, and finally
> > implemented a prototype that makes flexible Metadata possible.
>=20
> i just looked it over, nice work!
>=20
> i feel a little nervous about property storage in bags, as it might break=
 some=20
> existing sites, but the feature set is nice.

--=20
Christian Theune - ct@gocept.com
gocept gmbh & co.kg - schalaunische strasse 6 - 06366 koethen/anhalt
tel.+49 3641 511586 - fax.+49 3496 3099118 mob. - +49 179 7808366

reduce(lambda x,y:x+y,[chr(ord(x)^42) for x in 'zS^BED\nX_FOY\x0b'])

--NDin8bjvE/0mNLFQ

--NDin8bjvE/0mNLFQ--