[Zope-CMF] What is the use of "isDesktop" ?

Arjan de Knegt adeknegt@xs4all.nl
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:01:59 +0200

All,

I'm working on my personal skin for CMF (not anywhere near the beauty
and power of Plone though).

The standard folder_contents pagetemplate starts with the following code:

----------
python:request.set('isDesktop', 1)">

xmlns:metal="http://xml.zope.org/namespaces/metal"
metal:use-macro="here/main_template/macros/master">

Unfortunaly the <span> tag before the <html> breaks my CSS stylesheet
(and also hampers the use of HTML editors that expect <html> to be
first). Can anyone explain the use of isDesktop parameter? I've been
scanning through the CMF python code and the standard pagetemplates but
couldn't find references.

Thanks,
Arjan.