[Zope-CMF] Problems editing DC Metadata: portal_discussion ?? ??

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:16:26 -0400

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, but I just checked again, and the user *DEFINITELY*
owns the object.

The object in question is a subset of CMFDefault (I know I shouldn't do that
...) ...

So as with any standard CMFDefault object, the user first creates it, and
THEN adds content to it.  This is exactly what he's doing here.  He creates
the object, then tries to add it's metadata, and get prompted to log-in!  Of
course he does own it, since he just created it, in fact he has a local-role
of owner on the entire folder structure where the object lives.  I of course
manually went to check the ownership of the said object, and it was owned by
said user, as expected ...

So the problem remains ... Why the "Athentication" issue on this object? The
traceback seems to point to the fact that he doesn't have "Modify Portal
Content" ... Which he doesn't on the other copy of the sitem but everything
works fine there! Also, as an owner, should he even need that permission?

Thanks,
J.F.