[Zope-CMF] Authenticating CMF members from an NT domain

Dennis W Heltzel dheltzel@ccil.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:35:53 -0400 (EDT)

I would like to be able to authenticate CMF mmebers using our NT domain
(SMB) servers. I have been trying to use exUserFolders for this with no
success. Has anyone done this that could provide the steps to implement it
?

I can install an exUserFolder, but I'm not sure what to set the property
source or membership source to, so I've tried them with the "null source".
I don't even understand what the different options are for these sources,
and can't find any docs to explain them.

After the acl_user folder is created, I cannot add a user (says, "A user
with the specified name already exists") or change an existing user (Zope
error: Error Value: 'None' object has no attribute 'setUserProperty'). I
also can't seem to login with the userid/password that works fine for
logging into the network.

I will be happy to read any more documentation if someone can tell me
where to find it.

Dennis