[Zope-CMF] A little nit in my python based content type -can't get icon to render. SOLVED!!

Jeffrey Franks jfranks@quik.com
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 18:20:19 -0500

Hi,

Yes!! Thanks for the help. It worked flawlessly and solved a number of
other problems I was about to run into regarding skin installation,
portal_type installation, and workflows.

I finally see some daylight on how to build my 1st python product. The
puzzle pieces are comming together, although I've got quite a way to
go before it really does something of value.

Gr=E9goire Weber wrote:
> =

> Hi Jeffrey,
> =

> Where did you put the 'site_icon.gif'?
> =

> Put your icons in skins/doc_control folder:
> =

> Directory structure in Products folder:
>   - CMFDocControl
>     - skins (folder)
>       - doc_control (folder, appears in portal_skins skins folder)
>         - site_icon.gif
>     - Extensions (folder)
>     - __init__.py
> =

> and register the folders as file system directories in the __init__.py:=

> =

>   # Make the skins available as DirectoryViews
>   registerDirectory('skins', globals())
>   registerDirectory('skins/doc_control', globals())
> =

> then take the Install.py from the Extension directory of CMFArticle and=

> adapt it to your needs. Have a look at the lines starting with '# Setup=
 the skins'.
> =

> General hint:
> =

> Have a look at a existing type (like CMFArticle which has folderish beh=
aviour)
> an strip it down before adding your functionality.
> =

> Greg

=2E..snip...

-- jlf