[Zope-CMF] concerns regarding plone

Robert Rottermann robert@redcor.ch
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 00:31:49 +0200

Hello friends,

I have concerns regarding the way Plone evolves. Some two weeks ago runyaga
announced that a Plone 1.0 version will be released within hours after CMF
1.3 hits the street.

CMF1.3 is with us for 10 days now. However there is no Plone yet. And I cant
help the impression that  it is not even stabilizing towards a release.
Nearly every day there is a new feature added or an old one changed
profoundly.

I do not want to sound ungrateful for the great work that is done with
Plone. But I feel that we really need a version 1.0 on which we can build.
And the we could go on to Version 1.1 with all the great ideas still waiting
to see the light of day.

This said, I would like to thank the Plone crew for their efforts and a
Plone I really like.

Robert