[Zope-CMF] Howto use CMFStaging?

Tim Hoffman timhoffman@cams.wa.gov.au
19 Aug 2002 11:54:27 +0800

Hi Alan/Shane and everyone else

Thanks for you input on this.

How about we do the following, as I do need the functionality that in
theory is there in CMFStaging, and I am sure others do too ;-)

1. Create a wiki to document the exploration - I think the backtalk idea
is good, but probably a little early for it - (maybe not - either option
is fine be me I suppose) - Alan can you host it, or should it be created
on Zope.org.

2. I will rewrite the requirements I listed below to be more concise,
and include the ability to retrieve old versions of documents, as a
basic set of use cases. This will be posted in the wiki or whatever.
Please bare in mind we wouldn't be trying to create an all encompassing
use case, but something will show sufficiently the interaction of
staging, workflow etc...

3. Write up basic install instructions for all of the components.

4. Document what public API's are there in CMFStaging

5. Write up and include code for basic implementation of the outlined
functionality.

6. If possible create a package/script that could be used to add this
basic functionality to a CMF site.

Any thoughts.

I am on a timezone that doesn't match well with you guys so for the main
#IRC is out for me ;-)

Regards

Tim Hoffman