[Zope-CMF] upgrade to 1.3 leaves docs without portal_type

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
20 Aug 2002 12:46:53 -0400

On Wed, 2002-08-14 at 08:26, I wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 09:20, george donnelly wrote:
>
> > I found a post by Chris M on this (see below)
> > < http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/1315527 >
> >
> > ... and I appreciate the tip but i wonder if someone would elaborate on how
> > to turn this info into a solution. tia.
> >

> > "Evidently CMF 1.2 used to automatically set an object's portal_type
> > to its meta_type if it didn't exist.  This no longer happens in 1.3.
> > So you need to explicitly declare a portal_type on these objects.
> > The simplest way to do this is "portal_type = meta_type = 'Type'"
>
> Here is the ExternalMethod I used to fix this problem on the dogbowl:

Note that this script failed to take into account the new behavior of
DefaultDublinCoreImpl.modified, which would have allowed us to preserve
the old 'modified' values.  I had to write another script to re-create
the 'modified' values for all the content which this script touched!
(This problem was the source of the weird "old news is new" symptom on
the dogbowl).