[Zope-CMF] using news feed system.

Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:20:35 -0700

Unless you know something that I don't RSS is only for link/headline
syndication; I've never used ot for anything otherwise.

When you say have news items "in" your site, I assume you mean linked "to"
from your site.  If this is right, you just need an RSS parser.  You need to
do a google search for "Python RSS" find a decent module and use it to
create an external method that passes you a list of tuples each containing a
title and url.  Make sure you cache the results, so you don't poll someones
server on every request.  Then just make your template render those links in
a sidebar or something using <dtml-in> or tal:repeat...

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: cijiisen [mailto:cijiisen@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 12:17 AM
To: sean.upton@uniontrib.com; zope-cmf@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] using news feed system.

Hi,

What I am looking at is to be able to import and have news from news sites
in my website.
There are sites that provide news in the form of RSS etc I think.
I just want to have a section in my site that will be able to display the
latest news supplied by some one.
What ever be the format, source etc is not a matter,just the end result!

Thanks,
Ciji Isen