[Zope-CMF] Subtransactions

Jim Pharis binarybrain@phreaker.net
22 Aug 2002 12:21:24 -0400

I am curious about subtransactions under the advanced tab inside of
portal_catalog. Could somebody clarify the following statement made.

If you are using ZCatalog and ZSQL Methods in the same transaction, you
must disable subtransactions, they are not compatible with ZSQL Methods.

I am not exactly what they mean by ZSQL methods in the same transaction.
In my portal I call ZSQL methods whenever a member creates a new content
type. I call the ZSQL methods inside of the pscripts when the meta_data
is created for the content type.

Does this imply that I need to disable subtransactions? I don't seem to
be having any problems thus far; I could either be overlooking the
problem or maybe problems will pop up sometime down the road.

Thanks, Jim Pharis