[Zope-CMF] error with zKnowMan

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:48:44 +0200

cijiisen writes:
 > The installation doesnt speak of creating the file or directory!
 > It does speak of executing 2 scripts
Then you must do this. If it fails, the installation is incomplete
and you must expect further errors (as you observe).

 > but when I run em
 > I get the error
 >
 > [cijiisen@simpson ZKnowMan]$ ./zkmServer.bat
 > Traceback (most recent call last):
 >   File "zkmServer.py", line 8, in ?
 >     from zkmDb import ZkmPageDb, ZkmPage
 >   File "zkmDb.py", line 7, in ?
 >     import ZODB
 > ImportError: No module named ZODB
This means, the PYTHONPATH is not set correctly.

Either you execute the script at the wrong place (in the file system
hierarchy) or it expect that you manually set PYTHONPATH.

Read the installation instructions again very carefully.
Watch out for where the scripts should be executed, what assumptions
are made for script execution...

 > [cijiisen@simpson ZKnowMan]$ ./zkm
 > zkmBatchDownloader.bat  zkmServer.bat
 > [cijiisen@simpson ZKnowMan]$ ./zkmBatchDownloader.bat
 > Error getting options dictionary from Zope: <exceptions.SyntaxError instance
 > at 0x8130b9c>
A SyntaxError indicates some problem with (source) code.

Find the place where this output is produced and print the
SyntaxError exection in a bit more informative way.
I expect "str(SyntaxErrorInstance)" will already do the trick.
If not, look at the source (--> Python library: exceptions.py).

Dieter