[Zope-CMF] Are there scaling issues with the Catalog?

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 13:58:39 -0700

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 10:58:32 -0500
alan runyan <runyaga@runyaga.com> wrote:

> have you tried to simulate this?

Not yet.  I wanted to ask first in case I was clearly heading into
trouble.

> and are you 'indexing' 2k of data per document?

Yes.

> or just metadata associated with the document?

The metadata will be relatively small in each case.

> I remember ken indexing hundreds of thousands of news posts and doing
> searches and being happy about his results.

Got a pointer?  (That's pretty similar to my use)

> But if you go down this route you should probably do some due
> diligence.

Yup, that's why I'm asking up front.

> you will need tons of ram.

Of course.

> use subtransactions on the initial loading.

Mind explaining a bit?  (I haven't looked into the transactional
structure of the catalog yet).

> I would suggest ZEO and dshaw's Advance Site Setup howto.

Thanks.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?