[Zope-CMF] Please help!!!!: Restrict entering pages to Anonymous users

Ausum Studio ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:54:33 -0500

This is a tested resume of previous advices on the subject:

1. In the "security" tab of the CMF object's root, disable "View" and
"Access contents information" to anonymous users by unchecking "acquire
permission settings", and checkhing "authenticated" instead.

2. Create a custom version of the "login_form" skin, and carefully remove
all calls to other methods, except those to portal_url, wich are useful to
provide urls to stuff like images and the 'action' attribute within the
'form' tag. This is important as long as those other methods may be calling
new others, thus making it more difficult to manage its security settings.

3.  Go the "security" tab of the login_form skin you just modified and grant
"access contents information" and "View" permissions to Anonymous. Then go
the "Proxy" tab, select "Authenticated", and save changes.

That's all. If you're calling other resources like images, javascripts or
css files, don't forget to enable them as in 3 (without the proxy related
part, because they don't perform anything by itselves). Error messages can
be handled within your custon login_form. You'll find out how  :)

Ausum