[Zope-CMF] limiting types to add by role

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:58:13 +0100

Hi Sean,

Kelley, Sean wrote:
> I want to limit the list of addable content types by role. For example, I
> want users in role X to only be able to add 5 things but let managers add
> all item types.  I tried changing the security in portal_types for each
> individual type to remove view except for manager.  This of course removed
> view capability for role x as well as well as the ability to add these
> types.

Hmmm... crap. Didn't think of that when I implemented that functionality.
Can you try deleting cookie_authentication and finding out what methods are
causing problems when you try to view a piece of content whose type doesn't have
the View permission assigned to any of the roles of the current user?

cheers,

Chris