[Zope-CMF] Default permissions for portal_content?

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:41:16 -0700

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 11:59:46AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote:
> >Where can I control default permissions for new instances
> >of portal content (Document, Links etc)?
>
> Start using the DCWorkflow replacement for the portal_workflow tool and
> twiddle the role to permission mappings for the initial state of your
> content.

Ah, right you are. I'm using plone, so it's already there as
Plone Workflow.

I suggest to the Plone guys that by default, "View" and
"Access contents information" should probably not be enabled for
Anonymous in the "pending" state, and maybe not in "Visible"
either, depending on what you use "visible" for.

--

Paul Winkler
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"