[Zope-CMF] Moving Items with Workflow

Ryan P. de Vega rpd4972@hbu.edu
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:54:19 -0500

chrisw@nipltd.com writes:
>Ryan P. de Vega wrote:
>> portal folder which I created.  This way when our web sites reference
>web
>> content (located in the new portal folder), all portal objects being
>> submitted for approval are unviewable to the outside world until they
>are
>> published (which is the action which triggers my copy to new location
>> script).
>
>Why are you not using the workflow tool to achieve this result?
>
>cheers,
>
>Chris

I am using the workflow tool for the original content to be submitted
through a 5 tier approval process.  This tool is effective for this use,
but once the object is changed, the changed version is viewable to the
outside world without these changes being approved first.  This defeats
the idea behind the approval process altogether.

By copying the the submitted objects on final approval to a new portal
folder (through the workflow tool and via a script in that workflow tool)
the original objects in the cmf can be changed and resubmitted, but cannot
be viewed from the outside world until the changed object is re-approved.
When this object is re-approved, it is copied over the old one in the
remote portal folder - which is referenced by our main public web-page.

My question is this, after I have explained my cause to you ... why do you
ask?  Is there a better way that I don't know about?  Please let me know
if there is.  I always thought that a content management system such as
CMF should include this type of content management.  This is why I am
suspicious of your question. <--What am I missing?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Ryan de Vega
Programmer, Database Support