[Zope-CMF] CLIENT_HOME???

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:21:17 +0200

Braun Brelin writes:
 > I've been running Zope 2.5.1 on my RedHat 7.3
 > installation for a little while.  I installed (or
 > tried to) install the CVSFile and ExternalFile
 > Products in the products directory.
 >
 > Now when I try to start zope, I get the following
 > error:
 >
 > Traceback (most recent call last):
 >   File "/opt/Zope/z2.py", line 476, in ?
 >     zdaemon.run(sys.argv, os.path.join(CLIENT_HOME,
 > Zpid))
 > NameError: name 'CLIENT_HOME' is not defined
 >
 > Where is CLIENT_HOME supposed to be defined, in tthe
 > start script?
You get this error message, when Zope cannot find its
"CLIENT_HOME" directory.

You can set this directory via the "CLIENT_HOME" environment
variable. It defaults to "$INSTANCE_HOME/var".
Again "INSTANCE_HOME" can be defined via the "INSTANCE_HOME"
environment variable. Otherwise, it defaults to were "z2.py" is
executed (I believe, it may also default to the current working directory).

I agree that you should get a better error message in this case.
Please feel free to file a bug report to the collector
<http://collector.zope.org>.

Dieter