[Zope-CMF] Moving Items with Workflow

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:25:52 +0200

Ryan P. de Vega writes:
 > I am using the workflow tool for the original content to be submitted
 > through a 5 tier approval process.  This tool is effective for this use,
 > but once the object is changed, the changed version is viewable to the
 > outside world without these changes being approved first.  This defeats
 > the idea behind the approval process altogether.
You already learned about CMFStaging...

We use a somewhat different approach, also workflow based:

  When a published object is "revised", it is copied.
  Changes are done on the copy. The original in not affected.
  When the copy is released, it changes the published object's content
  and is then deleted.

  Object being revised are in state "under revision", its copy is
  a "is revision".

  Copying and overriding is done in External Methods integrated
  as workflow scripts.

Dieter