[Zope-CMF] Workflows - Moving content on a transition

Maurizio miziodel@tin.it
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:21:10 +0200

Hi all!

days ago I found on this list an optimal recipe to move content around
tnx to workflow machinery, and it's great!

I'm on Zope 2.5.1, CMF 1.3, Plone 1.0 a2

I tried it, but I was not able to overcome a problel, probably for my
not so deep comprehension of the whole architecture :)

I create a new portal_type (from news_item) and a new workflow (cloned
plone_workflow), then I modify the WF to let it *move* the published
object towards a specific folder. Unfortunately, immediately after
publishing an object, *getNextRequestFor* called by
content_status_modify* try to call the object where it was, not where it
is now.

I resolved this editing the *content_status_modify* script, but i'd like
to know if there is a better and more *Plonish/Workflowish* method to
let it be done...  <- probably i'm lacking a deeper comprehension of the
workflow/Plone architecture..

TIA

miziodel