[Zope-CMF] Changing the 'id' of a CMF Portal

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:18:44 +0000 (UTC)

Tres Seaver  <tseaver@zope.com> wrote:
> The kicker is that the catalog uses "full" physical paths as its
> "record IDs", which means that moving the site after creating lots of
> content requires you to rebuild (not just reindex) the catalog.
>
> I want to fix this issue;  I can't think of any reason why the catalog
> couldn't use "portal-relative" paths;  can anyone else?  We would need
> to tweak the 'search.{pt,dtml}' skins a bit.

One thing to wach in this area is the indexing of "icon", which returns
getIcon(), which gives an absolute url.

In my portals that have several VHM, I index a method getIconRelative
that calls getIcon(relative_to_portal=1).

Florent