[Zope-CMF] limiting types to add by role

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:56:16 +0200

Chris Withers writes:
 > Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > >  > By default, all content types are protected by the same permission
 > >  > (this is set up by the "ContentInit" in "__init__.py").
 > >
 > > Hopefully, you will not ask "which __init__.py": the one that sets
 > > up your portal product...
 >
 > Hmmm, so do you have a custom 'product' for each CFM Site you build?
Yes. At least for every CMF site which needs different content types
or different protections.

 > Do you only have one CMF Site per Zope instance?
No.

But, I agree with your implicit complaint:

  Creating instances of a type should be protected by a
  "TypesTool" configuration, that's specified in the
  factory type information.

But, currently, it goes not this way.

Dieter