[Zope-CMF] Re: [Zope] Newbie Qu: user login in private folders

Ausum Studio ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 10:25:49 -0500

1. Create the folder for one of the clients, let's name it 'client1_folder',
from the CMF user interface (needs to be a portal folder).
2. Enter ZMI and go the 'security' tab of 'client1_folder'. Look for the row
'Access contents information' and uncheck the checkbox under 'Acquire
permission settings' and check it under 'Owner'. Accept changes.
3. Click on the 'Contents' tab and add a 'Cookie Crumbler' object. The id is
not important.
4. Back to the CMF interface (logged as manager) go 'client1_folder' and
click on 'Local Roles'. Search for user 'client1' (or whatever your user's
id is), then assing him/her the 'Owner' role.

That's all. As you'll see, you don't need to create a user folder at each
portal folder, just to set up its local roles. Moreover, all the steps
mentioned above can be summarized in an external method, so that you can
attach it to a member joining or to a batch process.

Ausum

ps. This is an issue for the zope-cmf list.Please send any further questions
there.