[Zope-CMF] ZODB Ballooning

Jeff Ross thejeffross@hotmail.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:15:27 -0800

Hi. I'm running Zope 2.6 and CMF 1.3 and my ZODB is ballooning to 2.0 GB
every day. I'm trying to figure out what the culprit is.

I have a custom event log that records user logins, logouts, and
modifications of content. If I turn this off the problem goes away, but I'm
trying to pinpoint it. Here is some code from my EventLogData class:

self.timestamp = DateTime()

Each entry in the event log gets a timestamp saved with the object. I'm just
wondering is there a lot of crap that gets saved to the database if I save a
DateTime object? Could this be the culprit? All the other stuff I'm saving
is strings, so I think this might be it.

Thanks,

Jeff Ross