[Zope-CMF] Problems translating CMFDefault

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:03:50 +0100

In article <200212181242.02715.gitte@mmmanager.org> you write:
> Hello out there,
>
> Well I finally started translating the zpt skins from CMFDefault :-))
> I want to give you all nice translations for christmas ... but I need som=
> e=20
> guiding here ...
>
> The value of the submit buttons on the edit forms (document_edit_form,=20
> link_edit_form etc. etc.) will be translated.
> But this causes a problem for the edit method, since this uses the text o=
> n the=20
> button to determine what action to return to (view or edit).
>
> Anybody here would mind if I make a small adjustment to the edit scripts?
> I will give the submit buttons a name and see if REQUEST contains this na=
> me=20
> instead of the behaviour that exists now ...=20

Oh yes please do it. Whoever originally came up with the idea of
discriminating on the text of the button should be shot :-)

(core Zope has this ugly idiom too...)

Florent