[Zope-CMF] Problems translating CMFDefault

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
20 Dec 2002 13:58:07 -0500

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 12:03, Florent Guillaume wrote:
> In article <200212181242.02715.gitte@mmmanager.org> you write:
> > Hello out there,
> >
> > Well I finally started translating the zpt skins from CMFDefault :-))
> > I want to give you all nice translations for christmas ... but I need som=
> > e=20
> > guiding here ...
> >
> > The value of the submit buttons on the edit forms (document_edit_form,=20
> > link_edit_form etc. etc.) will be translated.
> > But this causes a problem for the edit method, since this uses the text o=
> > n the=20
> > button to determine what action to return to (view or edit).
> >
> > Anybody here would mind if I make a small adjustment to the edit scripts?
> > I will give the submit buttons a name and see if REQUEST contains this na=
> > me=20
> > instead of the behaviour that exists now ...=20
>
> Oh yes please do it. Whoever originally came up with the idea of
> discriminating on the text of the button should be shot :-)

May I have a blindfold? |-)

> (core Zope has this ugly idiom too...)

I get to shoot the person who made the 'value' attribute of the HTML
button element be it's label, first  (I am hopeful that this will be
the same person who decided to omit including the checkbox in the
request when unchecked).  *Then* you can shoot me.