[Zope-CMF] CMF cleanup: register.py

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 20:22:27 +0100

Hi!

Doing some CMF cleanups, I stumbled over register.py and
PortalContentRegistration.py:

<http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFCore/register.py?rev=1.5&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup>
<http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFCore/interfaces/PortalContentRegistration.py?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup>

22 months ago the only function of register.py (described in
PortalContentRegistration.py) was disabled.

I'd like to remove these files from cvs. But I'm not sure if this is a
Good Idea. The module is completely useless, but there might still be
products importing it.

If there are reasons not to remove register.py, I'd at least like to add
a deprecation warning, because this module still confuses people. Lately
I saw a new product "using" register.py.

Comments are welcome. If there are no comments, I'll assume removing
these two files is ok.

Cheers,

Yuppie