[Zope-CMF] New CMF tool has bogus __roles__

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 13:20:13 -0000

> The only thing I've found that works is the following truely
> horrible kludge to initialize in the products's __init__.py:
>
>   # add after utils.ToolInit(...)
>   setattr(PostingsTool, '__roles__', '('Anonymous', 'Manager',))

I noticed in PortalFolder.py (CMF 1.2) there's a couple of lines (just
before def manage_addFolder) -

    security.setPermissionDefault(AddPortalContent, ('Owner','Manager'))
    security.setPermissionDefault(AddPortalFolders, ('Owner','Manager'))

Maybe you could use something similar in your PostingsTool?

I'm low on the ladder of Python-Product-Zen (as you've probably noticed), so
I may have got it wrong! But I was planning to use this in a
"WorkgroupFolder" product, to setup a members-only area. i.e. -

    security.setPermissionDefault(View, ('Owner', 'Manager', 'Workgroup
Member'))
    ... same for ListFolderContents and AccessContentsInformation

Hope that helps?

Cheers, Jon