[Zope-CMF] Memberdata or profile type?

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Wed, 06 Feb 2002 05:07:57 -0500

> On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 02:33, Chad Nantais wrote:
>> I want to have an extended member profile where in addition to the basic
>> memberdata (email address, name,etc) members also enter date of birth,
>> hometown, gender, and one thumbnail picture of themselves via an upload.
>> what's the best way of going about doing this: by adding to the standard set
>> of memberdata parameters or by creating a member profile type (maybe based on
>> a combination of the document type and the image type) and then limiting each
>> member to only having one profile which would be in their root folder? in the
>> latter case, how would i limit the allowable number of profiles to 1, while
>> still allowing them to edit it?

You can do it by adding properties to the memberdata too, but that means
it's not in the catalog.  I have some stuff for doing it that way, as well
as a system to make some of the data required for signing up, and also
copying stuff from a template folder upon creation of the new member (which
I used to put a default picture up there).  I then put a localHeader and
localFooter in the Members folder to format the member's index_html to put
the photo and properties up on their page.  You can see it in action at
http://www.bowery.com/hiphop (gotta sign up to see it, tho!)