[Zope-CMF] CMF for intranets, CMF inside CMF etc

Babu vsbabu@vsbabu.org
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 19:56:05 -0500

Hi,

Anybody got any hints/pointers on using CMF for building
intranets? It is a perfect fit in my - so far limited -
knowledge about it. But I can't figure out a way to
satisfy the following structure

my.org
   my.org/mydepartment
     my.org/mydepartment/myproject/
   my.org/somefocusgroup/

where each of these entries are CMF portal sites on
their own, with a different group based access rights.

A user will probably be a member in any or all of
these.

Also, the "my stuff" things at each portal/Members/member
folder - it'll get to be a pain to manage if a user has to
maintain his stuff in each and every portal separately. Well,
atleast if he can get to each quickly from the top level
should be enough I guess.

Another thing is, if I specify the content types, skins
work flows etc at the top CMF site, will these by available
at sub portals via acquisition?

If any one has any thoughts, references, hints, snubs
etc. that'd be great.

Thanks in advance
-vsb

PS: I'm fighting for Zope against many supporters of
systems-that-exist-only-in-powerpoint-but-cost-$1M!
Apparently, the perception is that something that
is open source and free can't be as good as very
expensive stuff :-)