[Zope-CMF] Security Question

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:57:47 -0000

> Are you sure it's a good idea to put something with
> apparent-but-not-real security in a public release - wouldn't it be
> better to come up with something more secure first?  Your thoughts?

Would it be better to make the "Add portal content" permission more
fine-grained? i.e. split it into "Add portal document", "Add portal file"
...and the same for "Change portal content" etc?

I know it's quite a change to make, but I think this sort of thing will crop
up more in the future, so better to get the pain over with now? :-)

Cheers, Jon