[Zope-CMF] Re: DCWorkflow Question

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:27:49 -0500

Walker, Byl wrote:
> I hate to send this to you directly, but I'm hoping you might be able to
> help me out.  I'm having a problem with DC workflow: specifically I keep
> getting the error:
>
> Error Type: Undefined
> Error Value: "getId" not found in "transition/getId"

There are three things happening here.

1) TALES expressions have a habit of swallowing the important bit of
tracebacks.  The next release of Zope should help.

2) On creation of an object, an implicit transition puts the object in
the initial state.  The transition that occurs at this time is "None".

3) The default workflows provided by DCWorkflow once used the expression
"transition/getId" instead of "transition/getId|nothing".  (My bad.)
Although you upgraded the software, you still have a workflow definition
created by the old code and the instance can't be upgraded automatically.

So the solution is easy: just change the expression for the "action"
variable from "transition/getId" to "transition/getId|nothing".

I hope you don't mind I CC'd the list. :-)

Shane