[Zope-CMF] Calling Portal content from a non-Portal Page Template

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:44:16 +0100

Chad Nantais writes:
 > Is it possible to call a portal image and it's metadata from a page template
 > that is not a portal-type? I am using an index_html page template in the
 > root of my CMF. this PT is not portal content, it is a splash page for the
 > CMF site.
It may not be possible to "call" it but there is no problem
to access it.

Proceed as follows:

  Your object is presented through so called skins. These
  are normal Page Templates or DTML objects.
  You find their source in the skins subfolders of CMFDefault.

  Determine, which template presents the information, you
  are interested in. It uses some functions implemented
  by the object. Use the same functions in your own
  page template.

Dieter