[Zope-CMF] export/import problem

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 10:50:02 +0100

Hi!

Memo Rishel wrote:
> I am developing a CMF-based website on my local
> machine and then putting it on a hosting site (Imeme).
> The problem I am having is that when I export the
> CMF site and then import it on the hosting site
> it doesn't work as is. The reason is that many
> files in the portal skins directory such as the
> zpt_generic files are not included in the export.

Default skin directories are never included, they are 'Filesystem
Directory Views'.

On your local system, have a look at 'Properties' of zpt_generic. If
your local system is windows, your 'Filesystem path' is
'Products\CMFDefault\skins\zpt_generic'.

I reported this to already to the Tracker:
http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker/466/1

Meanwhile I found this:
http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFCore/DirectoryView.py

Revision 1.14 note says:
"Enable use of Data.fs from unix on windows: when normalizing paths, do
more to normalize for the platform.  (We'll need to add a bit more to
work in the other direction.)"

Workaround:
Start with the site on unix or change 'Filesystem path' on your windows
system to 'Products/CMFDefault/skins/zpt_generic'

yuppie