[Zope-CMF] Moderated Discussion

Tim Hoffman timhoffman@cams.wa.gov.au
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:36:13 +0800

Hi Lennon

Lennon Day-Reynolds wrote:

>Agreed -- I've gotten Blark up and running, but it seems to effectively be
>a standalone tool, not an integrated part of the CMF-driven site. All I
>want is a top-level "Forum" tool that serves as a description and root
>object for a set of threaded discussion "Postings". The postings need to be
>moderated, which means workflow via the CMF interface, not the ZMI.
>
>Oh, and just to keep things interesting, I'm testing with the Plone skin,
>which is very, very pretty, but doesn't play nicely with DTML-based tools
>like Blark. If you're already working on a similar project, I'd be happy to
>collaborate on it with you. My project is for a non-profit group that would
>prefer to have their tools be open-source, but we're also certainly
>flexible.

All of the work we are doing is based on zpt, so I have little interest
in DTML
skinned products at the moment.

I have had a chat within our group and we would be interested in
collaborating on the development
of an open source CMF content based threaded/moderated postings object.
One of our main
goals is that it should just be like any other CMF content, and not take
over a site/ui etc....
(as Blarklog and Squishdot/Swishdot do)

Probably best to start off with identifying requirements.

I'll follow up in a day or so with our list ;-)
Maybe a Wiki should be started up to discuss/document.

(Oh we are in Perth, Western Australia, so may be slow in responding to
some things, timezones ;-)

Rgds

Tim