[Zope-CMF] DCWorkflow and list object/global actions

Jostein Leira jostein.leira@creuna.no
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:59:10 +0100

Dieter Maurer wrote:
>Jostein Leira writes:
> > I have a problem with DCWorkflow and worklists.
> > The method DCWorkflowDefinition.listGlobalActions()
> > (in DCWorkflow.py) returns actions in the category=20
> > "object" from other workflows worklists. Can this be correct?
>This may be correct.
>
>  Worklists are not tied to an object.
>  You may use the "condition" or "permission" to control when
>  they are shown.
>
>Dieter
=20
What is the purpose of the Category field in the worklist? I thought it =
was used like this: If a worklist entry has Category=3D"object" it is =
only shown while viewing/editing (in folder_contents) the object. If the =
worklist entry is in the Category "global" it is always shown to the =
user (provided the Guard is valid).
=20
Shane Hathaway wrote:
>Jostein Leira wrote:
> > I have a problem with DCWorkflow and worklists.
> > The method DCWorkflowDefinition.listGlobalActions()
> > (in DCWorkflow.py) returns actions in the category
> > "object" from other workflows worklists. Can this be correct?
>
>That is what it is supposed to do.  Worklists serve the purpose of
>providing users notification of things they need to do, regardless of
>where they are now.  You should have at most one or two worklists
>installed for even a complex site.  Use actions on transitions for more
>common actions.
>
>Shane
=20
In the project I am working on now, we were planning on using only two =
workflows. One for objects that has the normal private/pending/published =
states. Another workflow with only the state published.=20
=20
We are implementing compound documents using the normal =
private/pending/published workflow. The compound documents are folderish =
and contain other document elements. The document elements, residing in =
the compound documents, use the simple workflow with only the published =
state. The document elements will then inherit its parents' permissions. =
This works fine, but...
=20
The problem is that when I view the document elements I get the History =
worklist entry from the other worklist. I know I can either do something =
in the action_box in the skin or change the history worklist guard, but =
I still think it is strange that there are two methods, one called =
listObjectActions() and the other called listGlobalActions() in =
DCWorkflow.py, not returning what I expect (object actions and global =
actions).
=20
Your comments much appreciated.
=20