[Zope-CMF] UnpickleableError in new portal type

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:15:12 +0100

Hello,

I needed a mail client TTW and have started on implemeting both POP3 and IMAP
connections into my Online PIM ...
I not that far yet :-)

I have created a ImapConnection class ..
It has a openConnection function which logs a user into the imap account ..
This is a code snip of the function:

 def openConnection(self):
        port = int(self.port)
        self.socket = imaplib.IMAP4(self.server, port)
        self.socket.login(self.username, self.password)

The self.socket=imaplib.IMAP4() works fine but the next line produces a
Error Type  UnpickleableError
Error Value Cannot pickle objects

I have looked through the archives to find out something about this error and
all I have found out is that the error is raised because the object cannot be
stored in ZODB ..

But how should I create the instance then ?

TIA,
Gitte Wange