[Zope-CMF] Exporting a Zope database

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:07:05 +0100

Paul Guinnessy writes:
 > If I build a CMF site inside the Zope database, and we later switched to Oracle and the Oracle Portal CMF, is there any easy way of exporting the Zope content into the Oracle portal? I've heard of exporting to other Zope sites but nothing like this.
It is possible, but it may not be easy...

  You can work with either an external script that accesses Zope
  via XML-RPC and fetches all objects and their relevant attributes
  and puts them into the Oracle Portal
  or use an External Method run internal to Zope for a similar purpose.

  In either case, it will be you who converts the different object
  types between Zope and Oracle.

Dieter