[Zope-CMF] Workflow headaches

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:11:24 -0500

Hello,

I was trying to publish an object, but failing, since the page to enter =
your
comments was saying the item was published, but the actions box was =
saying
it was private.

So I treid updating a few things in the workflow, just by hitting =
"update
security settings" and "change" ... But eventually the actions on the =
object
disappeared completely!!

So I removed the standard default_workflow and added one from =
DCWorkflow
which I just installed for the first time. I'm now using the =
web-editable
worklow revision 2.

Still I hit change, update security settings, no go the actions box =
just
won't show the status, or the option to publish or anything like that!
(This is the default actions_box from the generic skin).

So I started going into the code.  It looks like there are no "object
actions" being returned by listFilteredActionsFor() :

<dtml-let isAnon=3D"portal_membership.isAnonymousUser()"
AuthClass=3D"isAnon and 'GuestActions' or 'MemberActions'"
uname=3D"isAnon and 'Guest'
or portal_membership.getAuthenticatedMember().getUserName()"
obj=3D"this()"
actions=3D"portal_actions.listFilteredActionsFor(obj)"
user_actions=3D"actions['user']"
folder_actions=3D"actions['folder']"
object_actions=3D"actions['object'] + actions['workflow']"
global_actions=3D"actions['global']"

folder_actions is there since I see the "Folder Contents" options ... =
Global
and User actions also seem to be there (Preferences, Log Out, =
Reconfigure
Portal, Undo).

I'm doing all this under user "admin" the only user currently on the =
system

I even tried restarting Zope!

Note that applies to ALL CMFDefault content types, I tried both with =
some
custom ones, as well as the stanard "Document" for instance ... no =
actions
:(

Help?

Thanks!

Jean-Fran=E7ois Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca