[Zope-CMF] Select members

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:03:26 +0000 (UTC)

> How can I select members from my portal, based on the value of his
> propertys, without going through the entire list of members?

In latest CMF (maybe only CVS, you'll have to check) the portal_members
has a method searchMembers(search_param, search_term) that returns a
list of dictionnaries. Pass 'username' or any portal_memberdata property
for search_param.

The dictionnaries in the result list contains some members properties
(username, email). However the implementation is still incomplete, if
you want to access other properties in the result list you'll have to
get them by hand from the user object.

Florent