[Zope-CMF] Hacking together moderated discussion

Lennon Day-Reynolds lennon@kestrel.edu
21 Feb 2002 13:13:07 -0800

As a first prototype of a moderated discussion type in the CMF, I've
been hacking together a customized CMFDefault/DiscussionItem.py and
web-edited workflow. Everything seems to be in place: new discussion
items now default to "pending" status, and show up in the work queue.
I've got a mapping established in the "workflows" management pane so
that discussion items use my modified workflow process (default
"pending" --> "rejected" or "published", "published" --> "rejected",
"rejected" --> "pending").

Now the only problem is that the workflow-related actions aren't showing
up in the action bar. I've got the usual "Reply", "View", etc., but
nothing for "Publish" or "Reject". I've looked through the ZPT
templates, but can't find anything which should be treating the
discussion items any differently than other content types. The posts are
definately in the right review state, given the fact that they appear in
the reviewer worklist.

So, for the moment at least, I'm stumped. I'm sure the problem is easy
enough to fix, if I knew where to look. There's just too much code there
for me to be able to do much more than guess-and-check at this point,
though.

Thanks in advance,

Lennon Day-Reynolds

P.S.: As I said, this is a first attempt, just to get a feel for the
workflow customization and type creation process. I have every intention
of doing things "the right way" (i.e., a standalone Product, with all
the right permissions and content types added in the install) once the
first "hackish" version is up and running.