[Zope-CMF] Problems with Konqueror

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 15:23:17 +1300

On Friday 22 February 2002 21:11, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot use _some_ links in my CMF.
>
> You can try to click on those link here:
>
> http://imail.iuveno-net.de:11580/Netzliteratur
>
> _Usable_ links are in the top-navigation bar
>
> "�ersicht Mailingliste ..."
>
> _Not_ _usable_ are "Log in" "Join" and the link in the main text
>
> "in diesen erkl�enden Texten"
>
> The links have different styles defined in a stylesheet. Maybe I have
> to look there.
>
> Any other hints?

There are some majorly annoying bugs in the khtml component that Konqueror
uses that I'm constantly running afoul of in Zope. This one sound similar to
one where nested a name and a href links get messed up (commonly found in
wikis) and another where the body of text areas doesn't render if it contains
certain (quoted) html constructs at the beginning. I've observed html
comments and others causing greif, which makes using the ZMI on page template
methods rather difficult.

I'd suggest heading over to kde.org, finding the tracker for khtml and
reporting the bug.

John