[Zope-CMF] broken newsbox in CMF1.2

Tom Hoffman thomas.e.hoffman@verizon.net
23 Feb 2002 22:54:41 -0500

On Sat, 2002-02-23 at 07:45, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Tom Hoffman writes:
>  > On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 16:24, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>  > > ...
>  > I've narrowed down my problems with Zope 2.5 and CMF 1.2 to
>  > "portal_catalog.searchResult" not working with anonymous or
>  > non-administrative (or owner?) users.
> I cannot believe this...

Thanks for the feedback, Dieter.

Didn't make much sense to me either, so maybe I'm wrong.  Here's the
situation.

My news listing on the front page of my site doesn't work since going to
CMF1.2 and Zope2.5.  I just get "No news is no news."  The situation is
the same with the default news_box and recent_news methods.

An anonymous user or non-administrative user can directly go to the
published news items.

An administrative user gets the correct news listing.

If I give permission to access inactive portal content to anonymous and
authenticated users, it works.

I reindexed the portal_catalog, but that didn't have any effect.

Sorry I'm going on and on about this, but when the front page of your
site stops working, it is a big problem.

--Tom